Every homeowner wants to make every aspect of his or her home very beautiful. The kitchen is usually considered an important part of every home. One of the central components of a kitchen is the faucet. It might seem like a small aspect, but it can really make your life a lot easier and pull the design of the room together into something stunning. But what are the best kitchen faucets on the market in 2021? An effective method for choosing the right one is to compare kitchen faucets. To make your choice easier, we have prepared a comparison chart of the best rated kitchen faucets. Below you can also get more details for each product listed in the table by reading the kitchen faucet reviews.
Disclaimer: topfaucetsreviewed.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Top 10 Kitchen Faucets Reviews
Type: pull down
Finish: stainless steel (other available)
Installation: 1-hole installation
Other features: Lead-Free Brass Construction, LiteTouch Single-Lever Flow Control, Pre-Rinse Spray, Kerox Ceramic Cartridge, Neoperl Aerator, Commercial-Style Spring Design
Moen 7594SRS Arbor
Type: pull down
Finish: spot resist stainless (other available)
Installation: 1 or 3-hole installation
Other features: Reflex system for smooth operation, Duralock quick connect system, Pullout spray with 68-inch braided hose, Aerated stream
Delta 9178-AR-DST Leland
Type: pull down
Finish: arctic stainless (other available)
Installation: 1 or 3-hole installation
Other features: MagnaTite docking, DIAMOND Seal Technology, Touch-Clean spray holes
Type: pull down
Finish: stainless (other available)
Installation: 2-hole installation
Other features: MagnaTite docking, DIAMOND Seal Technology, 59 in. long hose, High-arc pull-down swivels 360 Degree
KOHLER K-596-CP Simplice
Type: pull down
Finish: polished chrome (other available)
Installation: 1-hole installation
Other features: High-arch spout design with 360 degree rotation, three function sprayhead with spray, aerated flow and pause functions, MasterClean sprayface
Danze D455158SS Parma
Type: single handle pre-rinse
Finish: stainless (other available)
Installation: 1-hole installation
Other features: Ceramic disc valve, aerated and stream spray functions, Spring-action wand
Delta 9178-AR-DST Leland Kitchen Faucet
best kitchen faucetsDelta 9178-AR-DST is one of the best rated kitchen faucets and it has both unique design and great functionality. This exquisite kitchen faucet is made from stainless but also available in bronze and chrome finishes. So it will be suitable for almost any kitchen decor.
The high arc spout of this model can be pulled down for more leverage and has the ability to swivel a full 360-degree spin. The docking system features an embedded magnet in the spout that pulls the wand right into place which adds to great maneuverability and reliability of the product.
This model features a one lever design, so it’s very simple to switch between hot and cold water. The settings also allow easy switching between stream and spray modes, depending on what you need at the time.
The installation is simple and if you have some DIY plumbing skills, it should be enough to handle it. In the package, you will find a manual with comprehensive directions for the installation. The unit offers 1 or 3-hole installation options which mean it fit practically any type of sink. The diamond seal technology that features a valve with a diamond coated disc eliminates leaks.
Overall, this attractive kitchen faucet offers great quality and functionality for the money. It has an impressive rating and user reviews.
Kraus KPF-1602SS Commercial Style Kitchen Faucet
top kitchen faucetsIf you are looking for a commercial style kitchen faucet for your home, one of the bestsellers to consider is the Kraus KPF-1602SS model. It has been getting highly postitive kitchen faucet reviews from users. It’s equally suitable for both applications: commercial and residential.
The kitchen faucet features brass construction, giving it great durability with no traces of lead. The stainless steel finish provides superior rust resistance. The faucet is also available in chrome finish. Both finishes can create a beautifully coordinated look for any kitchen.
The heavy-duty spring design features a ceramic cartridge mechanism and high performance aerator which prevents drips and ensures the faucet’s smooth operation.
The pull down spray head can rotate 360 degrees which give great flexibility for your needs by giving you complete sink access. The single lever gives you simple flow control.
Additionally, there’s an integrated two-way diverter, providing an even smoother flow control. The features include a powerful pre-rinse spray for bigger washing tasks, a standard stream mode, and a side pot filler.
The installation requires single-hole mounting which seamlessly integrates the faucet with the sink. All the hardware that you will need for the installation is provided in the product’s package.
best rated kitchen faucets7594SRS is also one of the best kitchen taps and comes from the Moen’s Arbor collection. Moen is one of the brands that dominates the faucet market and it offers its highest quality in the 7594SRS model. The stainless steel finish gives it a stylish look, as well as spot resistance. However, you also have the option to get this model in a different finish, like matte black, bronze, or chrome.
The pull down faucet with Reflex system creates the most user-friendly experience. The ultra-flexible hose that offers the greatest range of motion. So with an exceptionally easy movement, you can direct the spray wand in any direction you need. And after use, you just release it and it returns itself to its docking position.
The high arc design makes it easy to fill or clean large pots and if you need more maneuverability, you just pull down the spray wand. The ADA compliant single lever has a 100-degree arc for easy control of the temperature.
You get 1.5 gallons per minute of water flow. The faucet can operate either in an aerated stream or powerful spray mode. The unit features a single hole mount. However, it is also possible to install with the three-hole mounting using the included escutcheon. With the Hydrolock installation system, the whole process is a snap and requires no tools.
Delta 980T-SSSD-DST Pilar
best value kitchen faucetThis sleek stainless steel faucet includes an extra feature of a soap dispenser. It’s also a pull down type. Its modern design and great features make it one of the top rated kitchen faucets.
The stainless steel finish not only gives a beautiful look to this kitchen faucet but also prevents corrosion, discolor and tarnish. The sleek looking single handle allows the user to control both the water temperature and the flow rate. Moving the handle between left and right adjusts the water temperature, and moving the handle between up and down adjusts the flow rate.
Delta 980T-SSSD-DST is a high quality kitchen faucet that features an innovative Touch 2 0 technology. This smart technology allows the user to stop or start the flow of water with just a tap on the spout or handle. This feature helps to conserve water and save money. It’s also very convenient. For example, if your hands are a mess after working with raw foods, you can just use your elbow to tap and get the water running. Your faucet will stay cleaner this way as well.
You can pull down the wand and the 59-inch hose with 360-degree swivel will allow you to get the spray into every corner of the sink. A simple push button allows choosing between aerated spray and standard stream modes. A powerful magnet keeps the wand in place, in the docking.
Moen designed Diamond Seal Technology for durability and leak prevention. The faucet is equipped with an electronic valve that has diamond coating.
Kohler K-596-CP Simplice
best quality kitchen faucetKohler K-596-CP makes an innovative addition to kitchens and sinks. This model makes a great choice if you are looking for the best value kitchen faucet. It combines an elegant design and amazing functionality. It offers several options of finishes which include stainless, chrome, and matte black. So it will create a sleek aesthetic for any kitchen. The design might seem basic, but it provides a lot of versatility and great value.
The gooseneck spout with a high arch and 360-degree swivel range makes it easy to fill pots and provides superior clearance for cleaning. The pull down spray head is able to perform three functions: spray, stream and pause. A push button allows easily switching from one mode to another.
The kitchen faucet features a single handle design for simple adjustment of the water temperature. A magnetic docking system smoothly pulls the spray head into the secure and locked position in the spout.
The ProMotion technology that uses a swiveling ball joint and braided hose make it easier to maneuver the spray head. One more innovative feature is the temperature memory, so when you turn on the faucet next time, it will remember the temperature that you had set during prior usage.
Danze D45518SS Parma Kitchen Faucet
Danze D455158SSDanze D45518SS Parma will make a great modern update to any kitchen. This pre-rinse kitchen faucet has a commercial, yet minimalistic look. For this model, you can choose either stainless steel or chrome finish.
This Danze kitchen faucet is equipped with a ceramic disc valve that serves two purposes. It prevents leaks and provides overall smooth operation. The product also has low lead compliance and meets the requirements of ADA. Also, this Danze product is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
The kitchen faucet offers dual modes. One is a spray mode for heavy-duty tasks such as cleaning or washing produce, and the other is an aerated stream mode for other general tasks such as washing hands or dishes.
A spring recoil system returns the wand into place. So each time you are done using it, the wand easily springs back into place. The 10-inch length of the spout makes it easy for up-close tasks and filling pots and pans.
- Delta 9159-AR-DST
- Type: pull down
- Finish: arctic stainless (other available)
- Installation: 1 or 3-hole installation
- Other features: aerated and spray mode, MagnaTite Docking, DIAMOND Seal Technology
- Moen 7185SRS Brantford
- Type: pull down
- Finish: spot resist stainless (other available)
- Installation: 1 or 3-hole installation
- Other features: Reflex system for smooth operation, Duralock quick connect system
- Pfister Cagney
- Type: pull down
- Finish: stainless (other available)
- Installation: 1, 2, 3, or 4-Hole
- Other features: decorative deckplate, coordinating soap dispenser, ceramic disc valve technology, brass body, ADA compliant, Meets NSF low lead standards
- Delta 4353-DST Linden
- Type: pull out
- Finish: chrome (other available)
- Installation: 3-hole installation
- Other features: enhanced flow option, Multi-Flow delivers both 1.5 gpm stream and spray settings for water efficiency and 2.0 gpm stream setting for high performance, DIAMOND Seal Technology
Delta 9159-AR-DST Kitchen Faucet
Delta 9159-AR-DSTDelta 9159-AR-DST is also one of the best kitchen taps, thanks to its minimalistic yet aesthetically pleasing design and exceptional functionality. This pull-down kitchen faucet comes in a variety of finishes. You have options such as stainless, bronze and chrome.
The high arch design of the 9159-AR-DST provides a larger work area for your sink, making it easy to fill pots. The single handle design allows one-handed adjustments to water temperature.
For heavy duty tasks or if you need the spray up-close, you can pull down the wand and direct a more targeted spray without getting it all over the place. Ergonomic buttons on the wand give control over the modes which include spray and stream.
The material used for this modern kitchen faucet is durable metal. Additional durability provides the Diamond Seal technology. The tough diamond coating of the valve keeps the potential metal contaminants away and provides smooth operation of the faucet with no leaks.
The faucet is designed for installation on 1-hole kitchen sinks. However, you can order the optional escutcheon and install it on a 3-hole sink.
Moen 7185SRS Brantford with MotionSense Kitchen Faucet
Moen 7185SRS BrantfordMoen 7185SRS Brantford makes both a good decorative and very functional addition to a kitchen. The traditional style features nice curvatures that gives the faucet a polished look.
For a finish you can either choose a spot resistant stainless steel that will keep the fingerprints and water spots away, oil rubbed bronze that delivers a dark brown finish with striking dark accents, or chrome finish that has a mirror-like look and looks good with any kitchen decorating style.
The pull-down design offers a targeted stream of water for up-close cleaning or washing tasks. One-handle lever allows easily choosing hot or cold water. Different functions of the 7185SRS model include an aerated stream for tasks like everyday cleaning, a powerful spray that handles heavy-duty cleaning, and a pause function if you need to stop the water flow between tasks.
The Reflex system was designed for smooth operation of the unit. It also provides easy movement of the spray head and ensures that it’s securely docked in the spout. This kitchen faucet also comes with a MotionSense feature delivers a more exceptional experience by allowing hands-free use of the unit. A simple hand movement is enough to trigger the system and to start the water flow.
Pfister Cagney Kitchen Faucet with Soap Dispenser
Pfister CagneyIf you are looking for a great range of functionality, one more high quality kitchen faucet to consider is the Pfister Cagney model. It’s a pull-down faucet that features an elegant traditional design. The finish options for Pfister include stainless steel and black. The body and base construction of the unit are all made from brass.
The high arc spout has the height of 8 inches which is the measurement from the base of the unit to the highest point of the faucet. The high arc with the addition of the 360-degree range of the spout gives exceptional maneuverability and maximum reach into every corner of the sink.
The pull down spray head offers 3 modes: spray, stream, and pause. The activation buttons are located right on the wand so you have control over the modes right in the palm of your hand.
Pfister Cagney along with the soap dispenser will install on most 1-4 hole sinks. You can optionally use the included escutcheon. The package includes a Quick Install tool for quick installation. The kitchen faucet is designed with an advanced ceramic disc valve that features Pforever seal technology that gives a no leak guarantee.The product is ADA and NSF low-lead compliant and also certified by Cal Green, which shows the high quality of this model.
The product is ADA and NSF low-lead compliant and also certified by Cal Green, which shows the high quality of this model.
Delta 4353-DST Linden Kitchen Faucet
Delta 4353-DST LindenThe best rated kitchen faucet among the pull out types is the Delta 4353-DST model. This medium-sized faucet features a single-handle design. The minimalistic look has rounded and organic curves. This design was inspired by the Linden tree and its reaching branches.
This model might not have the super high arc like the above mentioned faucets, but if you won’t be filling or washing large pots, that’s not really necessary.
If you will need extra maneuverability, the Delta faucet does have the feature that allows to pull out the spout and direct it in any corner of the sink. However, it has only 120 swivel range, which is a lot less compared to 360 degrees that most of the above models have. Pulling out the spout, you will have 59 inches of hose length that give quite outstanding reach towards your cleaning tasks in the sink.
Delta 4353-DST is a water efficient product as it offers an enhanced flow option that you can use if you need to fill a pot, the sink or vase. So if you need higher performance, you can use the 2 GPM flow. But for other tasks, you can use the spray and stream mode with 1.5 GPM flow rate.
Best Inexpensive Kitchen Faucet Reviews – Top 3
- Premier 120161LF Sonoma
- Type: pull out
- Finish: brushed nickel (other available)
- Installation: 1 or 3-hole installation
- Other features: Dependable ceramic disc technology, all brass construction, flow rate of 2.2 gallons per minute
- American Standard 4175.300.002 Colony
- Type: pull down
- Finish: polished chrome (other available)
- Installation: 1 or 3-hole installation
- Other features: adjustable spray pattern and pause feature, Ceramic disc valve, Tarnish-, scratch-, and corrosion resistant finish, ADA approved
- Peerless P299578LF-SS Choice
- Type: two handle lever design, with sprayer
- Finish: stainless (other available)
- Installation: 4-hole installation
- Other features: ADA Compliant, Water Efficient
If you are looking for a more affordable kitchen faucet, below are reviewed top 3 products in the lower price category. A cheap kitchen faucet doesn’t always mean lower quality and performance and the below 3 models prove that.
Premier 120161LF Sonoma
Premier 120161LF SonomaPremier 120161LF Sonoma offers a contemporary design and a construction from solid lead-free brass which provides durability and strength. According to your kitchen decor, you might find the brushed nickel or chrome finish of the model more suitable. The ceramic disc technology ensures smooth performance and prolongs the leak-free life of the faucet.
The pull out spout sprayer provides you more freedom with washing, cleaning or rinsing. You can bring the spray head to wherever you need to reach and direct a powerful spray at the items at hand.
A solid metal single-handle lever allows to choose the precise temperature and adjust the volume control of the water flow. With a touch of a button, you can set the kitchen faucet to provide either a stream or a powerful spray.
It’s covered with a limited lifetime warranty, meets the lead-free requirements of California and Vermont.
American Standard 4175.300.002 Colony
American Standard 4175.300.002 ColonyThe American Standard 4175.300.002 will become a stylish centerpiece of any kitchen. The solid brass body is done in a tough finish that prolongs the life of the faucet by holding up well to prolonged exposure to water and resisting scratches, corrosion, and tarnishing. Extra durability is provided by a ceramic disc valve that ensures drip-free performance.
The pull down spray provides extra convenience so you can direct the water flow up-close to wherever it’s needed. You can adjust the spray pattern or even pause the water flow with a simple push of a button. So you can have the spray wherever and whenever you need it. More convenience is provided by the memory position valve. So you can turn the faucet on and off but the temperature will stay the same as during prior usage.
This model is also very safe to use. It meets NSF standards and lead-free requirements. Also, the valve and the memory position valve are approved by ADA. The product comes with a limited function and finish lifetime warranty.
Peerless P299578LF-SS Choice
Peerless P299578LF-SS ChoiceThe Peerless P299578LF-SS Choice makes a great choice for those looking for a two-handle kitchen faucet. The product’s material is metal, with stainless and chrome finishes available.
It’s for mounting on 4-hole sinks and 8-inch centers which are the center between the hot and cold water tap holes. The distance from the countertop and to the highest point of the faucet is 12.5 inches. The model includes a separate sprayer that also requires a separate 1-inch hole to mount.
The package comes with instructions for both demounting the old faucet and simple installing the new one. Overall, this Peerless model makes a good choice for someone who is looking for something more simple.
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Faucet – Buying Guide
Everyone wants to find that perfect kitchen faucet that would not only compliment the kitchen decor but also bring great functionality of the sink area. Most of the buyers would want not just a good kitchen faucet, but the best kitchen faucet that would ideally fit all the needs and requirements. To make shopping for the best kitchen tap an easier process, there are several factors to consider.
Consider Different Types of Kitchen Faucets
- There are different types of kitchen faucets available on the market and before choosing the best type of kitchen faucet for your home, it’s helpful to know more about what each type has to offer. Below you can find out how the different types differ in functionality.
- kitchen faucet buying guidPull down kitchen faucets. This type of faucets is equipped with a spray wand that the user can pull down straight into the sink and have more widespread use of the spray. The faucet usually has a tall arc spout and offers multiple spray options. The wand can be easily pulled down with one hand and the long hose, as well as the swivel wand, allowing you to get the water just about anywhere you need.
- Pull out kitchen faucets. On this type, the spray head pulls out straight towards you. You will find this very convenient when you need to fill large pots or pans. Just like the pull down type, they can have the wand swiveling a full circle. This gives the maximum reach around the sink and the long hose allows to easily reach pots on the side of the sink. On most of the models, you will find a variety of features such as spray and stream options.
- Kitchen faucets with side spray. A spray faucet comes really handy for tasks around the kitchen sink. Instead of getting two separate units of a standard faucet and an additional spray faucet, you can get them together in a combo unit. This type is usually lower priced compared to pull down and pull out types. It’s also a good option for someone who wants a classic or vintage look of the faucet but still wants to have the benefits of having a sprayer included. The installation for this type of kitchen faucets usually requires more than one hole in the countertop.
- Single handle kitchen faucets. Single handle faucets are the most common on the market and they account for most of the sales. They feature single lever control of both the water temperature and the water flow. You can find the single handle design on most of the low spout faucets. Though it’s also common on the gooseneck and high arc faucets as well. For the most part, the installation is a 1-hole mount.
- Two handle kitchen faucets. The two handle design features a separate handle for hot and cold water control. The faucet usually has a traditional look with the two handles connected at the centerset. Usually, three holes are required for the installation.
- Widespread kitchen faucets with two handles. Widespread kitchen faucets have two handles for separately regulating hot and cold water. This type is similar to the standard two handle type, except that the handles are not connected to the spout at the centerset, meaning its widespread.
- Two handle kitchen faucet with single hole mount. The handles of the faucet are connected to the spout. The two handles are liked by many people as they can have separate control over hot and cold water. The difference between this type and the two mentioned above is that there’s only one hole required to mount the unit onto the countertop.
- Wall mount kitchen faucets. These faucets are mounted onto the wall above the sink, leaving more space of the countertop and making it easier to clean. If you are remodeling and choose to opt for the wall mounted kitchen faucet, it’s better if your sink doesn’t have any existing holes from the old faucet installations. The wall mount is a good choice if your kitchen design is a new construction or if you are replacing an old wall mount faucet. This faucet will require some plumbing and dry walling work to be done in order to extend the water supply above the kitchen countertop.
- Kitchen pot filler faucets. These faucets are suitable for both wall mount and countertop mount installations. They make a perfect choice for those looking for commercial grade utility at the kitchen. Kitchen pot filler faucets are also great for island cooktops.
- Kitchen faucets with cold water dispenser. These faucets will perfectly fit the kitchen island or any other place in your kitchen at the food preparation sink where you usually cut your vegetables or have an in-counter steamer.
- Kitchen faucets with hot water dispenser. Would you like to have hot water at any moment, be it for coffee, tea, soup, or anything else? Don’t want to wait till the water boils on the stove? A kitchen faucet with hot water dispenser brings that solution. You just place the cup under the tap, pull the lever, and you’ve got your boiling hot water. On some of the models, you will also find an included filter which is usually mounted under the counter.
- Kitchen faucets with water filters. If you would like to be able to use the kitchen faucet for also getting drinking water, then consider buying a kitchen faucet with a filtration system. The installation of the filtration unit is usually done under the sink. Why spend extra money on buying an additional product for water filtration when you can have it packaged with your kitchen faucet. So this makes a good investment.
- Commercial style kitchen faucets. For those who want a kitchen faucet that will not only bring great functionality but also grab the attention of everyone who enters the kitchen, consider a commercial style kitchen faucet. These faucets usually have a high gooseneck spout that can measure up to 30 inches in height. It also includes a long hose so you can pull the wand towards any close-up work in your kitchen sink and additional spray patterns.
- Hands free kitchen faucets. These are more advanced products that don’t require you maneuvering levers to get the water running from the tap. You just need to make a simple motion in front of the spout and it will automatically activate the water flow.
Each person might have different activities that he or she usually carries around the kitchen sink. So the kitchen faucet you will choose should be able to meet the needs of all that goes on in your sink. Think of your everyday experiences so you will know what combination of features to look for. This will prevent the performance of chores becoming a pain. The features to consider can include the handles, sprays, the height of the spout, and others. All this can help you create the most effective place around your kitchen sink.
- Arc Height
The height of the faucet’s arc will influence the convenience of your future tasks performed around the sink. So if you are often filling or cleaning large pots, you will find it difficult to do if you have a low arched spout. So instead look for an 8-10 inch high arch as it will give you more workspace above the sink.
However, if you have low hanging cabinets or there’s a window that could be in the way of the high arched spout, a high arch won’t work for you. For your situation then a 3-8 inch arc would be more suitable. It will keep a lower profile and easily fit into your kitchen plan.
- The Handles
As we have mentioned in the types of kitchen faucets, there’re single lever, two handle, and hands-free kitchen faucets. So if you want more simple operation of the faucet that has a more updated look, you can choose the single lever type.
If you want a more classic style of the faucet and want to be able to make separate adjustments to hot and cold water, the two handle design will probably be more suitable for your kitchen. For more convenient and more hygienic use of the faucet, you can opt for the hands-free type. You just touch the faucet or motion any part of the body and the faucet will respond. This modern technology is highly convenient as you don’t have to touch the faucet with your dirty hands.
The Advantages of a Good Kitchen Faucet
- A good stainless kitchen faucet does not rust or fade away. It can only get dull or dirty, but will never discolor
- They do not react to water, food or anything that is edible- In fact, the best kitchen faucets do not retain water or any dirt spots; thus making them the easiest to clean and maintain. They are also ideal for restaurants and commercial kitchens as they ensure food stays clean and high on quality
- Since they are germ resistant, you can easily install them in a kitchen with children or pets. In fact, most stainless steel models rarely contribute to a spread in irritants, because they are also non-porous.
- They are durable- Some great models of kitchen faucets could last a decade if properly maintained.
- They are highly efficient and easy to use-You can swivel them around, spray your vegetables with the spray option or wash your dishes fast and conveniently because they deliver water at very convenient speeds.
- Most of them come with stunning designs- If beauty matters to you, a good stainless steel made kitchen faucet can add aesthetics to your home
Will a Pull Down or a Pull Out Be More Useful for You?
Selecting the right type of sprayer will make your kitchen tasks either a breeze. So whatever you will be doing, be it washing vegetables or dishes, filling pots and other vessels, or anything else, you will want the sprayer head to be able to reach out with ease. Pull down type offers a lot of flexibility and is great for large sinks. It pulls down directly towards the bottom of the sink and provides a more targeted powerful spray. The pull out type will work best for you if you often need to fill large pots or other vessels on the side of the kitchen sink. The third type, a kitchen faucet with side spray offers you an additional spray wand that you install next to the standard faucet unit.
Style and Finish
The style of the faucet you choose can express your unique taste. Look around at your kitchen and think what style of the faucet will create a unified look with it. There’s a variety of faucet designs available so you can choose one that will make your personal kitchen more complete. Whether you choose modern, traditional or transitional, you can make your kitchen faucet a statement piece.
In addition to the style, you can also choose the finish of the fixture that will suit your decor and cabinet hardware. The available options range from stainless to chrome, bronze, matte black and many others.
To make your sink area look even better or even more functional, you can add some extras. They can include faucets such as bar and prep faucets (installed on small sinks behind a bar or prep area), pot filler faucets (installed usually next to large stoves so you can easily fill a pot without having to carry it to and from the sink), and filtration faucets (faucets that provide clean drinking water).
Single Handle VS Double Handle Kitchen Faucet
Sometimes it is difficult to decide whether to buy a faucet with a single handle or one with two handles. Unfortunately, the sad reality is that both types of devices have their own pros and cons, and so we can’t clearly say which is one superior over another. All the same, here are the characteristics of each device.
Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
- They are easy to use and much more affordable- The presence of two handles automatically takes the price of a device up, which is why many homeowners are still stuck with their single version models.
- You only cut out one hole for the countertop.
- With improved technology, you get the same level of control and efficiency as having a faucet with two handles.
- You get a mushy feeling when you turn them on.
- Most of them are not yet at par with double handled faucets when it comes to ease of control.
- They are single points of failure.
Double Handle Faucets
- Provides more control. They are easy to adjust temperatures or to control both the hot and cold water functions.
- You can depend on a single handle in case the second one spoils.
- They are more expensive.
- You are more likely to experience leakages with a double handled faucet.
Though both types of devices have their advantages and disadvantages, knowing what you lose when you don’t buy a double handle device can help you make a better decision of whether the single handle faucet is still worth your money. Note however that there are more to a kitchen faucet than just a handle, and hence you should study more on what you might want to consider besides the handles.
Sprayer or No Sprayer for Your Kitchen Faucet
If you are planning on buying a new kitchen faucet, you are probably wondering whether you should buy a faucet without a sprayer or one with it. To some people, however, a sprayer is so important that they actually can’t think of buying a faucet with no sprayer. It has many advantages after all. To start with, there is all the convenience you get while washing huge dishes and vegetables and the big hose pipe that could help you wash anything you need irrespective of the size of your sink.
On the other hand, with many faucets being so convenient and easy to swivel around, there are people who still don’t see the need to pay some extra $200dollars more for a sprayer. After all, you can buy it later as a side tool, right? Besides, sprayers do tend to lower the water pressure. The bottom line, therefore, is that while sprayers are not compulsory to purchase, they do have a lot of benefits to everyone who owns them. If you just get the right sprayer with a high quality construction, you will forever enjoy the convenience and flexibility they bring to a kitchen.
Considering Kitchen Faucet Spout’s Style and Shape
The shape and style of your kitchen faucet’s spout can say a lot about what you love and hate. However, there are more reasons why you should give a lot of thoughts in the style and shape of the spout. For instance, straight spouts are inexpensive and compact, but are they easy to swivel around when washing huge dishes? Well, they are not flexible. The good thing is that there’re kitchen faucets have spout shaped in all designs and styles.
The goose neck shaped spouts, for instance, can offer you a lot of clearances in your sink, which makes them perfect choice for people with shallow sinks. But for that same reason, they are not great for small sinks and could lead to water wastages as such. In the end, therefore, the style and shape you want to kitchen faucet to accompany must be guided by the size and shape of your sink, your preferences and well, the costs. Again, ensure that that the shape and style of the spout is proportional to the faucet itself. It wouldn’t look good to have a short faucet with a very wide spout.
Consider Adding a Water Filtration System to Your Kitchen Faucet
In many cities, the municipal authorities and relevant water authorities regularly check the safety of water people use. However, their checkups don’t always stop the bad taste of water in some areas, which is why you may want to buy a water filtration system to ensure you drink and use clean, filtered water. There are many types of water filters for use alongside kitchen faucets, some of which are expensive to install, while others are affordable and greatly efficient.
But before you start shopping, here are facts about water filters for kitchen faucets you should know:
- kitchen faucet filterThey only filter water coming through the kitchen faucet. So don’t get really excited if you know you don’t like the water in your shower.
- They are effective at filtering out chemicals, tiny fur pieces or anything else that requires filtering, while they do let the good things like minerals pass through.
- Filters for faucets generally take less space.
- They require very little maintenance as their cartridges are also inexpensive and easy to replace.
- Often result in cleaner, healthier water that is free of lead or any other contaminants that could have resulted in infections. Note that water could be contaminated by up to 2100 types of toxic products, and a good water filter could help remove almost all of them.
- Helps reduce the risk of acquiring the gastrointestinal disease by about 30%.
- Drinking clean water is especially very important to children, whose immune system is a bit more vulnerable.
- They help you get better smelling, better tasting water that is free of bacterial contaminants.
- Unfortunately, water filters are different. Some can detect and remove lead while others can’t, some will filter every mineral in the water, some will let pass the beneficial minerals. It all depends on the system you use.
Benefits of Faucet Aerators and Flow Reducers
Did you know you can control water usage in your home by installing something inside your faucet? Besides a handle, which you can sometimes forget to turn off, a faucet aerator can help you reduce water wastage in your home by dozens of liters every week. It works by splitting flowing water into tiny streams, thus reducing the pressure and amount of water flowing out of the faucet. In addition, aerators are;
- Produce less noise. they are made using rubber and a mess insert, and hence produces very little noise.
- Reduces water splashing Once the outflow pressure is reduced, no more struggling trying to reduce the water flow rate.
- They act as water filters. The mesh and the fact that water gets out in very tiny splits helps trap any debris that could have passed out of the faucet.
- They are easy to install and maintain. In just five minutes you could install or remove this fixture for maintenance purposes.
- More money saved on water bills. Imagine this, a running faucet could deliver about 20 liters of water per minute, but with the presence of an aerator, the water flow rate is reduced to about 5 liters per minute.
A kitchen faucet can really change the look of your kitchen, but to make sure that it will perfectly fit the place it’s also important to understand the sink’s setup.
Start by finding out the configuration that you have, how many holes your sink or countertop has. Different kitchen faucets offer a certain number of holes installation.
kitchen faucet installation
- Single hole. Most of the single handle kitchen faucets will have a single hole configuration. One hole faucets is an increasingly more common option, as it delivers a more simple and clean look. So if you have a single hole configuration in your kitchen as well, this is the perfect option for you.
- Two holes. The two handle faucets are usually those that have two handles. The second hole can also be used for other features such as soap dispensers or side sprays.
- Three holes. The three hole configuration used to be very common in older kitchens. The three holes accommodated the spout and the hot and cold water handles.
- Four holes. Also a more common type for the traditional type of faucets. The three holes accommodate the spout and two separate handles, while the fourth can accommodate a side spray, soap dispenser or a lotion bottle.
Before buying your next kitchen faucet, also consider the mounting options to make sure that the mounting mechanism meets the requirements you are looking for.
- Deck plate mounting
This is the most common option as it offers a more simple installation. The deck mount is typically installed in the center of the sink area surface. The deck plate then acts as the base for single, two or three hole faucet configurations. This mounting option is great for those who are replacing a two handle kitchen faucet with a single lever one, or the other way around. The old holes won’t be visible as the deck plate will cover them.
- Mounting Without the Deck Plate
The faucet fixture is mounted directly onto the kitchen sink or countertop. With this option, you won’t have the deck plate to cover the old holes so choose the faucet that features the number of holes to match your kitchen configuration.
- Wall Mounting
This option is more common for pot fillers as it makes it easier to fill large pots and other cooking vessels. The installation of a wall mounted kitchen faucet does not connect it to the kitchen sink. The whole unit is installed separately above the kitchen sink.
If you already have existing holes in your kitchen sink, this might not be the best option for you. Also, its downside is that it has the look more of a bathroom faucet and doesn’t have the beauty of the kitchen type of faucet.
How to Replace a Kitchen Faucet
Replacing a kitchen faucet is actually a simple and easy task. You only need to read the manufacturer’s manual and you could get the job done in minutes. However, the real job comes in removing the old faucet and seeing the corrosion down under your sink. Sometimes, your fittings could be completely worn out, the pipes are all corroded and you can’t reach the nuts with ease. However, if you are lucky to find every fitting and nut working and fit, you can easily replace your faucet in the following easy steps.
- how to replace a kitchen faucetShut off the valves and ensure that everything else you will need in the little exercise is working.
- Measure all your supply tubes to ensure they equal the old ones. If possible replace the old plastic supply tubes with new stainless tubes.
- With the help of a drain wrench or slip-joint pliers, open all the nuts, cut the copper casings you will need and don’t forget to remove the garbage disposer.
- Now get down there and try to uninstall the old faucet-Sometimes it will be difficult, so be armed with oil to soak the nuts and the proper pliers to open the nuts.
- Assuming every part is working, install the new faucet. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s directions as much as possible before you can then remount the kitchen sink.
Tips when changing a Faucet
- Don’t go for cheap faucets. Most of them are made with plastic parts and won’t hold the pressure required in a frequently used kitchen
- While installing a three-hole faucet, remember to make use of the fourth hole. You may sue it to dispense hot water for starters.
How to Fix a Leaky Kitchen Faucet
Tools and Materials
- hot to fix a leaky faucetSlip-joint pliers
- Faucet repair kit
- Packing grease
- Cold/hot water diverter
Turn off the water source and remove the handle. You can loosen the handles’ set screws by using a typical wrench. Also, ensure that the faucet is completely drained out before reassembling it, and most importantly, line up the different faucet parts as you remove them.
- Step Two
Remove the bonnet using a pair of pliers, but be careful not to damage the chrome material. You may wrap a masking tape on the teeth of the pliers for this purpose. After that, remove the cam assembly and the springs with needle nose pliers
- Step Three
Use your hands to loosen up the spout or remove it altogether. At this point, you can also remove the O-rings and the Diverter. Take note of any sediment build up and clean them up. You can also replace the O-Ring if it looks worn out.
- Step Four
Reassemble all the parts careful just as you found them. In case you have replaced your O-rings, pack them with grease so that they are able to withstand high temperatures.
- Step Five
Attach the faucet’s spout and finish your installation. Note also that you can replace the spout if you don’t like it. However, firmly place it back to its normal slot and install the cam and cam packing.
In case, the faucet still leaks after the simple process, you can give it another trial before calling a professional. Sometimes, corrosion in the valve seat could also lead to dripping around the spout area. Be thorough as you check your faucet, therefore.
Top Kitchen Faucet Brands
Delta faucets. This brand has been one of the top manufacturers for many years. The faucets they produce utilize proprietary technologies that provide you with a more unique experience. The products incorporate features that were designed in anticipation of people’s needs. Their line of faucets meets federal, regional and local specifications. The advantages that this company offers include exceptional durability with a leak-proof performance for years, an abundance of replacement parts, smart technological solutions, and a comprehensive warranty.
Moen. Moen is also a well-known company all over the world and they have gained good trust over their customers through their dedication to delivering the most beautiful and reliable products. How does Moen win over the customers? Limited lifetime warranty, the faucet features that balance the water pressure, reliable and innovative designs.
Kohler. Kohler company has been on the market for over 100 years, over which they have developed an array of choices. The brand offers a good range of different types of a faucet that fit different individual needs and budgets.
Premier. This company has over 25 years of experience in manufacturing faucets and other plumbing fixtures. They are committed to providing products with reliable and consistent performance. Their many collections offer distinctive designs and features for exceptional functionality.
Pfister. This company has been manufacturing faucets for over 100 years, over which they have become one of the leaders in plumbing innovations. Their products offer the perfect combination of style and durability, providing years of trouble-free use. To back up the quality they provide, Pfister faucets are covered by a lifetime warranty which covers finish and functionality. The brand offers over 80 collections of faucets with multiple styles and finishes available.
Kraus. In their line of products, Kraus shows commitment to design, dependability, and best functionality. The Kraus faucets have elegant designs and innovative features to provide the best efficiency.